2017 Wing Billy Preston of St John Bosco High School has been showing out all summer on the circuit grabbing major attention from college coaches! Mid Major Hoops Report has brought him to our “Players Corner” where we at MMHR are proud to highlight him as one of the hottest rising prospect in the 2017 class….
“Billy Preston a young 6’8″ wing who can shoot the mid range with alot of energy and high Major motor! Scary upside” – Ladell Hill @Coachadvocatus
1. What is your official height and weight?
Billy Preston: 6’8 220lbs
2. What position do you see yourself playing in college?
Billy Preston: Wing Forward
3. What AAU team are you playing with this year?
Billy Preston: Undecided
4. Describe your game for coaches and fans who haven’t seen you play yet.
Billy Preston: Versatile. Can play inside and out.
5. What makes you stand out the most from other players you compete against?
Billy Preston: I have a distinct size advantage and skill set.
6. What part of your game do you feel like you’ve improved on the most in the last year?
Billy Preston: Definitely Defense
7. What aspect of your game are you working the hardest on to improve?
Billy Preston: I am working to improve both my speed and perimeter shooting.
8. What schools have shown strong interest so far?
Billy Preston: USC, UCLA and University of Houston
9. Who are some of the college coaches who have made an impression on you and your family?
Billy Preston: The new Trojan (USC) staff. They are great.
11. Do you have a top five to ten schools you’re looking at right now?
Billy Preston: Yes. Kansas, UCLA, USC, Arizona, Syracuse (no specific order)
12. What schools have you visited? Do you have any visits planned for the future?
Billy Preston: None as of yet
13. Would you prefer to play college basketball close to home, or is that not a factor for you?
Billy Preston: Not a determining factor.
14. How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in?
Billy Preston: In addition to my high school practices, I am at the gym every night.
15. How old were you when you first picked up a basketball?
Billy Preston: 11
16. What things are really important to you when it comes to choosing where to play college basketball?
Billy Preston: Tradition, Basketball community (fan support), a school with a good Art program, & a competitive conference.
17. Who are some of the mentors who helped you get to where you are right now?
Billy Preston: My God Mother Timicha Kirby
18. What’s your favorite moment as a basketball player so far?
Billy Preston: Hitting a buzzer beater with my AAU team.
19. What are your short term goals as a basketball player?
Billy Preston: To average a double double freshman year & help St. John Bosco win a CIF and State Championship.
20. What are your long term goals?
Billy Preston: To play college basketball and hopefully make a career doing what I love.
21. Do you have a Facebook or Twitter that you’d like to share?
Billy Preston: Twitter: That_1baller
22. What style of play do you prefer?
Billy Preston: Transition basketball
23. Who’s a player in college basketball or the NBA that you really respect?
Billy Preston: LeBron James
24. Do you prefer Nike, adidas, or Under Armour?
Billy Preston: I like them all!!
– See more “player’s corner interviews” at: http://www.midmajorhoopsreport.com