Explosive 2016 Wing Oscar Frayer of Moreau Catholic HS in Northern California has been showing out all summer on the circuit grabbing major attention from college recruiters. Mid Major Hoops Report has brought him to our “Players Corner” where we at MMHR are proud to highlight him as one of the fastest rising prospects in the 2016 Class….
“A very explosive athlete with solid ball handling skills and superb footwork” – Joey Velasquez aka @Hoopswhisperer
1. What is your official height and weight?
Oscar Frayer: Height:6’6 Weight:180
2. What position do you see yourself playing in college?
Oscar Frayer: I can see myself playing the 3 at the next level.
3. What AAU team are you playing with this year?
Oscar Frayer: Oakland Soldiers 17U Elite
4. Describe your game for coaches and fans who haven’t seen you play yet?
Oscar Frayer: I am a highflyer, I like to get to the rim and play above it, at my best on the break.
5. What makes you stand out the most from other players you compete against?
Oscar Frayer: My motor, my willingness to win and just my basketball IQ.
6. What part of your game do you feel like you’ve improved on the most in the last year?
Oscar Frayer: I improved on being more comfortable on the court with the ball in my hands and with my ability to take someone off the dribble.
7. What aspect of your game are you working the hardest on to improve?
Oscar Frayer: My overall game, I know nothing is perfect but i’m working on perfecting my jump shot mostly.
8. What schools have shown strong interest so far?
Oscar Frayer: Cal, Memphis, Stanford, Havard, Arizona, Oregon, Marquette, and Arizona State.
9. Who are some of the college coaches who have made an impression on you and your family?
Oscar Frayer: Travis from Cal, he’s a funny guy and he has showed a lot of interest to me, and i’m truly blessed to be able to say that.
11. Do you have a top five to ten schools you’re looking at right now?
Oscar Frayer: I’m not focused on colleges right now, I want to get through this season and by the summer time I will be able to answer this question.
12. What schools have you visited? Do you have any visits planned for the future?
Oscar Frayer: I have visited University of California with my current highschool teammate Damari Milstead, it was a humbling and exciting experience, it left a mark on me.
13. Would you prefer to play college basketball close to home, or is that not a factor for you?
Oscar Frayer: It’s not a big factor for me to stay at home, it would be nice to have the support of my family at my games but it’s not a factor to go across the country to play because I know I will still have the support of my family mentally.
14. How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in?
Oscar Frayer: I work on my game 6 days a week at least 2 hours of day at the minimum.
15. How old were you when you first picked up a basketball?
Oscar Frayer: I was in the fourth grade.
16. What things are really important to you when it comes to choosing where to play college basketball?
Oscar Frayer: The coach, their school support system, style of play, I like to play with a uptempo so that would be nice also, ect.
17. Who are some of the mentors who helped you get to where you are right now?
Oscar Frayer: My mother, my high school head coach; Frank Knight, my high school/AAU coach Jules Milstead, they all have one thing in common, they all want to see me succeed not just at basketball but in life.
18. What’s your favorite moment as a basketball player so far?
Oscar Frayer: There is so many but one that sticks out is last summer, getting to travel and play with the Oakland Soldiers. That was more than just a basketball team, that was a brother hood, and I wouldn’t trade any of them for anything.
19. What are your short term goals as a basketball player?
Oscar Frayer: To win a state championship with my team.
20. What are your long term goals?
Oscar Frayer: To make it through high school, college and hopefully go to the pros.
21. Do you have a Facebook or Twitter that you’d like to share with us?
Oscar Frayer: Twitter: Oscar_Frayer
22. What style of play do you prefer?
Oscar Frayer: Uptempo.
23. Who’s a player in college basketball or the NBA that you really respect?
Oscar Frayer: Paul George because he strives to be the best one on the floor at all times.
24. Do you prefer Nike, adidas, or Under Armour?
Oscar Frayer: It doesn’t matter to me.