Athletic 2015 Combo Guard Justin Simon of Temecula Valley HS in Southern Calif. has been showing out recently grabbing major attention from college recruiters and media outlets. Mid Major Hoops Report has brought him to our “Players Corner” where we at MMHR are proud to highlight him as one of the fastest rising prospects in the 2015 Class….
“A very quick and athletic combo guard who can get to the bucket at will also has good vision and length” – Ladell Hill Jr aka @CoachAdvocatus
1. What is your official height and weight?
Justin Simon: 6’5 190 +6 wingspan
2. What position do you see yourself playing in college?
Justin Simon: Combo Guard/Point Guard
3. What AAU team are you playing with this year?
Justin Simon: Gamepoint Elite
4. Describe your game for coaches and fans who haven’t seen you play yet?
Justin Simon: long defender, pass 1st guard, great vision, athletic
5. What makes you stand out the most from other players you compete against?
Justin Simon: motor & attention to detail
6. What part of your game do you feel like you’ve improved on the most in the last year?
Justin Simon: midrange jumper
7. What aspect of your game are you working the hardest on to improve?
Justin Simon: perimeter shooting
8. What schools have shown strong interest so far?
Justin Simon: arizona, az state, boston college, uconn, cal, colorado, uc irvine, penn st Missouri, New Mexico, Santa Clara, San Diego, Villanova, Usc, Ucla, Washington
9. Who are some of the college coaches who have made an impression on you and your family?
Justin Simon: Noodles/snow, enfield/Bland, Donahue/Waheed, Romar/chillious, Stoudamire, Grace, Boyle/Billups, Chambers/Urgo & Hutson
11. Do you have a top five to ten schools you’re looking at right now?
Justin Simon: no favorites, will cut my list in the spring to 10
12. What schools have you visited? Do you have any visits planned for the future?
Visited sdsu, usc, ucla, u of a, asu, santa clara, penn st, irvine
Plan to visit cal, wash, colorado & uconn, & az again!
13. Would you prefer to play college basketball close to home, or is that not a factor for you?
Justin Simon: distance doesnt matter. Just has to be a basketball environment with great fans.
14. How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in?
Justin Simon: in the gym early am & late nights.
15. How old were you when you first picked up a basketball?
Justin Simon: for as long as i could remember. Football was my first love but i have always hooped too.
16. What things are really important to you when it comes to choosing where to play college basketball?
Justin Simon: atmosphere, i want to play in a packed gym. Skill development at my position. Style of play, multiple guards. Winning program.
17. Who are some of the mentors who helped you get to where you are right now?
Justin Simon: my mom & dad, my trainer jimmy mackey & my aau coach sunny!
18. What’s your favorite moment as a basketball player so far?
Justin Simon: hit a buzzer beater vs Notre Dame earlier this season, it was classic.
19. What are your short term goals as a basketball player?
Justin Simon: win league & win cif
20. What are your long term goals?
Justin Simon: win a ncaa tournament championship & play in the nba.
21. Do you have a Facebook or Twitter that you’d like to share with us?
Justin Simon: @simon_Says_so twitter
22. What style of play do you prefer?
Justin Simon: uptempo with allot of pressing on defense
23. Who’s a player in college basketball or the NBA that you really respect?
Justin Simon: Spencer Dinwiddie in College & in the Nba Michael Carter Williams.
24. Do you prefer Nike, adidas, or Under Armour?
Justin Simon: nike & adidas.
– Mid Major Hoops Report Staff