One of top 2015 Student Athletes in Northern, California, Noah Blackwell of Woodcreek HS (CA) has been showing out grabbing attention from college recruiters and media outlets.
Mid Major Hoops Report has invited him to our “Players Corner” where we at MMHR are proud to highlight him and allow him to give us insight on his recruitment at this time….
1. What is your official height and weight?
NB: 6’2 190
2. What position do you see yourself playing in college?
NB: I see myself playing point guard in college.
3. What AAU team are you playing with this year?
NB: This year I’m playing with Team Superstar from Fresno sponsored team by under armour
4. Describe your game for coaches and fans that haven’t seen you play yet?
NB: My game is very smooth I would say I like to get my teammates involved a lot and then if I have to have that killer instinct I could turn that switch on
5. What makes you stand out the most from other players you compete against?
NB: I feel like some players always have to do something like dribble to much or shoot all the time but I always have that composure and love to get my team involved
6. What part of your game do you feel like you’ve improved on the most in the last year?
NB: I think i improved a lot more on my vocal leadership and defenses which was slacking a year ago
7. What aspect of your game are you working the hardest on to improve?
NB: I’m really trying to improve on getting to the basket and finishing over bigs and contact
8. What schools have shown strong interest so far?
NB: Fullerton SDSU LMU Long Beach Oklahoma St Mary’s Oregon State Northern Arizona Southern Utah Clemson USF and Portland
9. Who are some of the college coaches who have made an impression on you and your family?
NB: I think most the coaches have they show us soo much love and I appreciate that
10. Do you have a top five to ten schools you’re looking at right now?
NB: Not yet
11. What schools have you visited? Do you have any visits planned for the future?
NB: None yet and I have a few I plan on visiting
12. Would you prefer to play college basketball close to home, or is that not a factor for you?
NB: I would like to play close to home just for my family but who ever pays for that scholarship I would be blessed to take that
13. How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in?
NB: A lot I’m always in the gym and weight room with my brother and trainer just trying to make it.
14. How old were you when you first picked up a basketball?
NB: Since I was born haha it’s been a long time
15. What things are really important to you when it comes to choosing where to play college basketball?
NB: The coaches and the offense I love a lot of pick and roll cause that’s just something I picked up naturally.
16. Who are some of the mentors who helped you get to where you are right now?
NB: My brothers friends family trainer and my grandma who’s up in heaven looking down upon me she makes all this possible out relationship has always been very close.
17. What’s your favorite moment as a basketball player so far?
NB: When I dunked on someone for the first time
18. What are your short term goals as a basketball player?
NB: Getting an education in college and making family proud
19. What are your long term goals?
NB: Making it to the NBA and making sure my family is token care of
20. Do you have a Facebook or Twitter that you’d like to share with us?
NB: nb_driftteam on twitter and Instagram
Special Thanks to the Blackwell family for allowing us to interview their son. Please keep us posted and informed on upcoming recruiting information. God Bless!