Highlights of Stephen Zimmerman: Stephen Zimmer Highlights (click here)
One of top 2015 Student Athletes in the country, Stephen Zimmerman of Bishop Gorman HS, (NV) has been showing out grabbing high major attention from college recruiters and media outlets. Mid Major Hoops Report has invited him to our “Players Corner” where we at MMHR are proud to highlight him and allow him to give us insight on his recruitment at this time…..
1. What is your official height and weight?
SZ: 7’0 230 pounds
2. What position do you see yourself playing in college?
3. What AAU team are you playing with this year?
SZ: Dream Vision
4. Describe your game for coaches and fans that haven’t seen you play yet?
SZ: I am a do-it-all big man that works hard till the end and can run the floor.
5. What makes you stand out the most from other players you compete against?
SZ: I don’t give up on plays and I always try to make my teammates better.
6. What part of your game do you feel like you’ve improved on the most in the last year?
SZ: Free throw shooting.
7. What aspect of your game are you working the hardest on to improve?
SZ: Playing consistent and being aggressive.
8. What schools have shown strong interest so far?
SZ: I’d say all are doing a really good job in my recruitment.
9. Who are some of the college coaches who have made an impression on you and your family?
SZ: Coach Calipari from Kentucky, Coach Pitino from Louisville and Coach Miller from Arizona are a few.
10. Do you have a top five to ten schools you’re looking at right now?
11. What schools have you visited? Do you have any visits planned for the future?
SZ: I’ve done unofficials to UNLV, UCLA and Arizona. I may try to do a few unofficials this summer. I plan on scheduling my official visits for October & November before my Senior season begins.
12. Would you prefer to play college basketball close to home, or is that not a factor for you?
SZ: Not a factor, I want to go wherever I find the best fit.
13. How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in?
SZ: I put in a lot of time. 3 days a week I go to a 6am strength/conditioning workout before school, then I participate in school practice and weight program and usually have a private workout at night.
14. How old were you when you first picked up a basketball?
SZ: As soon as I could, I did, I don’t really remember how old I was.
15. What things are really important to you when it comes to choosing where to play college basketball?
SZ: Style of play, fit within the he team, and their plan to prepare me for the next level.
16. Who are some of the mentors who helped you get to where you are right now?
SZ: My parents, Coach Ron Holmes and Coach Clay Williams.
17. What’s your favorite moment as a basketball player so far?
SZ: I love anytime I am on the floor.
18. What are your short term goals as a basketball player?
SZ: To win two more State Championships so that I will be able to win one all 4 years of my high school career.
19. What are your long term goals?
SZ: Be the best person/player I can be in the NBA.
20. Do you have a Facebook or Twitter that you’d like to share with us?
SZ: Twitter @bigg_zimm
Special thanks to the Zimmerman family and all who made this Q&A possible. Good luck on the rest of your HS season big zimm!